Saturday, November 6, 2010

Literature Circle review



1. How your groups discussion helped your understanding of the novel.

The discussion in my group was very helpful to me because when I had a question on the book my group helped me clarify it. I was wondering why Miyax tried to talk to the wolves and my group was able to explain it to me. My group helped me realize that because Miyax's father talked to the wolves when he was out hunting to get food, Miyax realized that she too could talk to the wolves to get food and survive. Having a group discussion helped me understand and like the book more. I realize now that when I don't understand something I can become disinterested. 
2. Connections that you made during your discussion

Because my group helped me understand Miyax better, I was more able to connect with her ability to connect with the wolves. In my life, ever since I was young, I've felt a deep love, connection and understanding of dogs. It's through my relationship with my first dog Haven, that I was able to relate to Miyax's growing relationship with the wolves. Haven was a 'guide-dog in training for the blind'. Miyax loved the wolves like I loved haven.


3. Predictions

I think Miyax will stay with the wolves until the sun sets so she can travel to her pen pal in San Francisco. I also predict that Miyax will hunt with the wolves and catch a caribou. I think this because Miyax has started hunting owlets and I believe she will soon grow to hunt bigger animals.I think she will do this by watching the wolves hunt so that she can hunt with them.


No comments:

Post a Comment