Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sidney - Blog 2, Social Scientists

With out an Archaeologist we would not know about the past. And with out the past we would not be as advanced as we are to day!

I would choose being an Archaeologist.  Archaeologists work outside an office, digging and searching in strange places all over the world.  Archaeologists lead lives of adventure, traveling to wild places and countries with unusual people.  I love being in the outdoors and don't like sitting in an office or classroom.  I want to be like Indiana Jones in the movies, traveling the globe searching for pieces of ancient history.  I would like to go on an epic mission to discover a lost treasure.

Archaeologists discover information by putting pieces of ancient things together like a puzzle.  They hunt for treasure, discover the past, build dinosaurs, dig out ruins and put together pieces to solve the puzzles of history. Since I enjoy mysteries and finding clues and imagining how things might have been in the past to solve the mystery, I know I would love this job.

Archaeologists can be a part of history when they make a gigantic discovery then write a book and apper on the Discovery Channel or National Geographic.  I remember one show where a group of Archaeologists were going into a cave in Africa  to find prehistoric tools and discover how ancient people lived and why they moved to other places.  They discovered animal bones, child bones and tools and learned that this was a more advanced civilization for the time.  I think it would be interesting to piece together prehistoric lives of cavemen. 

I hope my career can be as interesting and free as I imagine an Archaeologist's life would be.



No comments:

Post a Comment